The Community Home Revitalization Assistance Program (CHRAP) focuses on Seniors, Single Parent community members living with young children, and Severe Weather impacted communities needing assistance with home repairs. Our services are offered in Dallas County Districts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8. As a service we coordinate with City Council Members, Mayors, and other elected officials to provide solutions for community revitalization goals. These services include
- Streamlining intake process to reduce wait times
- Monitor and record efficacy to report accurate data of program vitality
- Provide reputable contractors to perform repair services
- Connect qualified community members to loan programs & resources to finance repairs
- Provide aide to community weatherization projects
Our goal is to increase the number of community members that benefit from this program. Currently each district is performing at an average of 10 projects annually per city, with a total of 31 cities county wide. On average the city receives 23 – 25 requests per city annually, which creates an urgent need for our program.